🚀 Become part of our fast-growing startup and contribute to helping people make a positive career change through modern recruiting!
We are looking for a (Senior) Backend developer in love with Node and clean code for our growing tech team in Barcelona.
What is TalentBait doing in a nutshell? We build one-in-a-kind recruiting software to help HR managers to run all their job postings automatically on social media platforms like TikTok or Spotify. We generate images, apply machine learning and invest in some kick-ass user interface design. Now we want to work on new products in this space, and we need you !
👉 The most crucial thing is that you feel comfortable developing backend applications and have worked on production code before. Your experience includes at least a few years with Node.js, Express.js, and JEST. These will be the technologies with which you will work the most.
🌟 What We Offer
- Remote 50%. 3 days per week, you will work closely with your team colleagues at the office. Once per month/quarter, we will fly in (or you to us 🚁) for sprint planning.
- Salary: 43,000 € - 70,000 € dependent on experience, Senior is negotiable
- 1.000€ per year in social benefits (Restaurant, Kindergarten, Health Insurance, etc.)
- 1.500€ per year in training
- Flexible working hours: We understand the importance of work-life balance.
- Best gear for your needs
- 25 vacation days
Our current backend stack: Node.js, Express.js, Heroku, MongoDB, Firebase, AWS, AWS S3, Cloudinary, Twillio, Postgress. Rest-APIs and Webhooks. Integrations to all Advertising Platforms (FB, Google Ads, Twitter ...)
✅ What We Need
- The official language is English: As we have people from different countries we need English to communicate, but don't worry, we don't expect that you speak like a native British person, be able to have a conversation with your colleagues. We already have Spanish native speakers on the team 🙌🏼
- You have at least two years of experience as a backend developer. You know how to ship code to production and have experience or knowledge of maintaining and supporting production.
- Knowledge of cloud deployments (AWS, Heroku, ...) and working/configuring CI / CD environments.
- Experience with non-relational databases
👓 It's a plus
- You are familiar with agile development methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban ...).
- Knowledge of Microservices, the advantages, and caveats
- Professional experience designing and implementing Rest API and use of JSON.
You will work with 💪
You will work with our technical founders and the technology team to build a strong engineering culture.
- You will design and build the core product, infrastructure, and tools to meet the needs of a complex business.
- You will work with Product and Design in a highly collaborative and transparent environment.
It would help if you were excited to solve interesting engineering problems, help establish well-designed engineering processes, and ship high-quality features and products. Given where we are now, you will be able to start building and contributing from day one and helping to improve our architecture and practices.
☝️ The 1st Month
You'll meet all the team members of the company, the projects, and the technical and business challenges. Later, and during the first days, you'll work on new features and solve some minor bugs in the platform. By the end of the first month, your will deploy your code to production 🙌🏼
🤟 The first 3 Months
You are already one of the team in every way. Your first features are in production, and you are one of those responsible for the backend.
You'll understand more and more parts of architecture, and you'll be able to undertake more ambitious and less limited developments. You'll be aware of the complexity of the product and find yourself relatively comfortable within it.
🖖 In 6 Months
You'll be an essential part of the team; at TalentBait, everyone learns from everyone. At this point, the platform's core will have no secrets for you anymore, and you'll better understand the rest of the team's projects.
You'll understand all the parts of the product, you'll be able to perform complex tasks related to the backend, and you'll have already made some steps toward the frontend.
👇 You bring the right mindset if you agree on all three!
- Problem-solving mentality
- Done is better than perfect!
What happens after you apply
- We will schedule a short 20 min (video) call to get to know each other.
- You complete a "Takehome challenge" or a "Live Tech Interview". Your choice!
- If you agree to a take-home challenge, then a technical interview will follow, where we will discuss the results
- Personal Interview at our office in Barcelona or Spain
- Contract 🙌🏼